We know we can’t travel far at the moment, but we can experience food from around the world at any time.
Give it a try and get a little taste of India:
– 2/3 small or medium sized potatoes
– 1 aubergine
– 2-3 tablespoons oil for frying and 2-3 tablespoons of oil for making the curry
– 3-4 pods of garlic
– 1 tea spoon of cumin seeds
– 2 small sized onions
– 1 spoon each of ginger and garlic paste
– Chillies according to your taste preference
– 1 tea spoon of coriander powder
– Salt according to your taste preference
– Half tea spoon of garam masala
– Kasuri methi and coriander leaves according to your taste preference
1. Cut the potatoes and aubergine in slender shapes and fry them in mustard oil till they turn brownish in colour. Put them aside.
2. Now, add some more oil and add 3-4 garlic pods, cumin seeds, chopped onions. Fry them all till they achieve the right texture.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste.
4. Add chopped green chilies and tomato puree and along with it, also add turmeric powder, some chilies, and coriander powder.
5. Add salt according to your taste preference and mix them well.
6. Cover it and cook on a medium flame until the oil separates from the mixture and now add half-cup water into this.
7. Now, add a fried aubergine-potato combination that you had kept aside, mix well and cook well.
8. Add Kasuri methi.
9. Let the flavours do their magic while it cooks for the next 3-4 minutes.
10. Lastly add coriander leaves and garam masala.
Where would you like us to travel next with our round the world with food recipes?
Send us an email to email@example.com
Dine In: Yes
Take Away: Yes
Website : www.boxwallah.co.uk
Boxwallah is located on Level 6 at the same home as Salkan HQ. There is not a day that goes by where we are not tempted to grab one of their crazy good lunch deals. If only we could eat curry every day. When we decide to treat ourselves, the ever-changing menu serves up a mini version of India in a box. You can almost smell the dark wood-clad restaurants and incenses burning in every bite you take. If you are missing India – this is the best you can get in London right now.